With the Medusa finish and ready to be texture by one of my colleagues, I’ve help out with some building modules for the city, where the camera pans down into the city. Here are some screenshots of the buildings I’ve done, so far.
It’s the time again where Autodesk wow us with their new features in the new edition of Maya 2015.
I’m really interested in getting my hands on the bifrost new feature in Maya, where you can create realistic water simulations while editing the scene realtime as the simulation is running in the background. Check it out down below.
Other new features include ShaderFX, OpenSubdiv, Enhanced UV Toolset, Enhanced Modeling and many more.
Check out Lesterbanks post for more info.
As my job is finished and the project moves forward, I’ve been assign to model and place existing asset into the interior scene. Here’s a break down vid of what it was before and what it look like now.
Welcome to my new blog. I’ve decided to ditch blogger and come across to here. Consider this a fresh start in blogging my work. I’m in the middle of transferring my post from blogger to here and cleaning it up, so please excuse the mess.
For any readers who aren’t aware, I’m currently 2nd year student studying Digital Animation (Soon to change to Animation and Visual Effects) at Falmouth University.
I’ll be showcasing most of my work in animation, rigging, modeling and design. My aim for this is not just to promote myself but to share tips and advise to anyone starting out in 3D animation field. Also from time to time, I do post other stuff just to show my personality.
For the past couple of weeks, myself and the rest of the team have been really busy in the studio. So now I’ve got a chance to update you on the progress we have done.
The style we’re going for really shrape edges to give that rough look. To everything we model was in polygon, which not only gives us that look we wanted but makes a quick workflow to get the assets done and ready to apply textures to them. Here are some of the models I’ve made on this project.
I wanted to try and animate the characters as best I could even tho there are some quick shots. I used the same techquie for my animation by blocking out the pose first and then do three phares of the animation, with each phares tighting the animating. The shot below was one of my animation I worked on.
For the sea, I used realwave from realflow to produce nice calm motions of the sea. Its been taking a while to simlaute out these shots with the sea but it was worth it. you’ll have to wait for the final rendered shots 😉
Other things I’ve been working on at the moment is ncloth, more animation and making any little adjustments in models.
I adventure out of the studio in search of ideas and to take reference of a damage item or wall. I came across this stone wall which I thought would be interesting to model and texture, as close I possible can to the real thing. I capture a front, side and, try to, top down view with several close up shots for textures. here are some of the pictures I used for reference.
In Maya I created the image planes and started modelling in low poly, just to get a rough outline look of the stones. Once I was happy with this, I started to used the sculpting tool in Maya. The reason I used Maya than Mudbox was because I found Maya to be more accurate and had more control overall of my models. However, I did use Mudbox once i was done in Maya, to texture the models by using the reference photos to texture and paint onto the models. This work flow was nice and easy, even apply the final touch to the model, was adding a bump map to it. By applying this gave that stand out look in model.
I was really happy of how it turn out, overall.